TfL have released a press release officially confirming a number of elements of their latest settlement and the spending review statement by the Chancellor today. This is a rare press release that is worth quoting in its entirety: Unprecedented 6 year capital & borrowing package for Transport for London secures long-term transport investment until the end of the decade; Secure capital funding of around a billion pounds a year, indexed linked, from 2015-2021; In addition guaranteed borrowing ...
TfL have announced that four firms have been shortlisted for the Crossrail Concession. The shortlisted firms are: Arriva Crossrail Limited Keolis/Go Ahead MTR Corporation (Crossrail) Limited National Express Group PLC FirstGroup, RATP and Stagecoach were eliminated from the process at this stage. Crossrail will be operated on the Concession model, similar to London Overground where it has proved highly successful. In a nutshell this means that TfL will set clear goals and objectives for the ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Matthew Dickinson on Mind the Branding Gap: First Crossrail Services to Launch as TfL Rail (20:00, 10 December 2017)
- RogerB on In The Quest for Rear-Entrance, Is The True Routemaster Legacy Being Lost? (19:13, 10 December 2017)
- Latecomer on Friday Reads – December 8, 2017 (15:59, 10 December 2017)
- ngh on Kent Route Study (Part 3): Victoria Metro Services (12:47, 9 December 2017)
- Greg Tingey on Garden Bridge Review: Clive Walker Transcript (09:25, 8 December 2017)
8 December, 2017
7 December, 2017
6 December, 2017
5 December, 2017
4 December, 2017
1 December, 2017
30 November, 2017
- Original Birmingham tram fleet auction (Transport for West Midlands) on
- Mind the Branding Gap: First Crossrail Services to Launch as TfL Rail on
- In The Quest for Rear-Entrance, Is The True Routemaster Legacy Being Lost? on
- Friday Reads – December 8, 2017 on
- Kent Route Study (Part 3): Victoria Metro Services on