TfL have released a press release officially confirming a number of elements of their latest settlement and the spending review statement by the Chancellor today. This is a rare press release that is worth quoting in its entirety: Unprecedented 6 year capital & borrowing package for Transport for London secures long-term transport investment until the end of the decade; Secure capital funding of around a billion pounds a year, indexed linked, from 2015-2021; In addition guaranteed borrowing ...
TfL have announced that four firms have been shortlisted for the Crossrail Concession. The shortlisted firms are: Arriva Crossrail Limited Keolis/Go Ahead MTR Corporation (Crossrail) Limited National Express Group PLC FirstGroup, RATP and Stagecoach were eliminated from the process at this stage. Crossrail will be operated on the Concession model, similar to London Overground where it has proved highly successful. In a nutshell this means that TfL will set clear goals and objectives for the ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Pedantic of Purley on The London Reconnections 2018 Christmas Quiz (01:26, 11 December 2018)
- Aleks on Crossrail: A Hole New World (02:22, 11 December 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Back to the Future: (Re)lengthening and Shortening at Waterloo (00:36, 11 December 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on More Trains for London Overground: A Bargain Never to be Repeated (23:03, 9 December 2018)
- Man of Kent on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (21:04, 9 December 2018)