For a number of years now, we have covered Kensington and Chelsea’s push to have a Crossrail station approved. The campaign arguably began in earnest back in 2008, when the Borough began to work towards the redevelopment of the Kensal Gasworks site. Their proposal argued that the turnback facilities planned for Crossrail just west of Paddington should be turned into a full Kensal Crossrail Station, providing a connection to the line in the area. From the beginning it was clear that the ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Taz on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (19:37, 23 February 2018)
- ap on Crossrail: Cutting it Fine (14:22, 23 February 2018)
- Herned on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (10:42, 22 February 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on How Can You Mend A Broken Railway? Thameslink and the Gibb Report (21:37, 21 February 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on Horrible Holborn: When Postponement Is Not An Option (19:59, 21 February 2018)