Somewhat out of the blue FirstGroup have announced the sale of eight of their bus garages in the capital. First began a rationalisation of their bus operations last year, and further sales had been expected, but eight garages is more than many expected. The full press release is below. As part of FirstGroup’s stated strategy to reposition its UK Bus division to focus on those areas that offer the greatest potential for growth, it has today announced the sale of eight of its London bus ...
Although we have had a lot to say about the Thameslink Programme over the past few months news on the construction front has gone very quiet. There is a small amount of residual work at Blackfriars station that seems to be taking forever but is rumoured to be due to be completed by this June. Apart from that there has been an apparent lack of activity. In truth an awful lot has been going on at London Bridge but, because it is not yet at the stage where it is significantly disrupting travel ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Malcolm on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (Part 1): A Brief History of Thameslink (22:08, 17 June 2018)
- Aleks on Upgrading the Piccadilly (18:02, 17 June 2018)
- B&T on The Cicadas Take Flight: Explaining The May Timetable Changes (11:03, 16 June 2018)
- ROGER FLETCHER on Angels and Errors: How the Harrow & Wealdstone Disaster Helped Shape Modern Britain (10:12, 16 June 2018)
- timbeau on Thameslink The Musical Act 4, Scene 3: The Grayling Letter (23:07, 15 June 2018)