One of the London Bus Network’s least known features (second, perhaps, only to the fact that there is actually no such a thing as a “compulsory stop”) has long been the existence of the “transfer ticket.” Transfer tickets were created to deal with the issue of the short termination of bus services. Should a bus terminate early, then the driver of the terminating service could print out a complete list of all Oyster PAYG and cash fares currently on the bus, which ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- anthony collyer on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (10:59, 17 August 2019)
- Simon Colenutt on Friday Reads – 16 August 2019 (07:08, 17 August 2019)
- Graham H on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (22:31, 16 August 2019)
- Paul S on Monday’s Friday Reads – 12 August 2019 (20:02, 16 August 2019)
- Betterbee on Monday’s Friday Reads – 5 August 2019 (02:23, 12 August 2019)