With Tunnelling now under way (or rather, in the west, resumed), Crossrail have released a new set of photos relating to the commencement of operations on the Limmo peninsular. We’ve looked extensively at the Royal Oak tunnelling portal before, but Limmo is a thoroughly different beast and the photos show just how true that is. Unlike the western portal, the restricted access at Limmo meant that a shaft had to be constructed and the TBM parts lowered in for subsurface assembly. It makes ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Ronnie MB on Friday Reads – 17 August 2018 (00:40, 18 August 2018)
- Timbeau on Crossrail: Timetable for Success? (00:00, 18 August 2018)
- Paying Guest on Transforming Oxford Street Part 2: A Real Regeneration (15:49, 17 August 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on Beyond Thameslink and Crossrail: A London Transport Update (09:28, 17 August 2018)
- Jim Elson on Friday Reads – 10 August 2018 (18:24, 16 August 2018)