With Tunnelling now under way (or rather, in the west, resumed), Crossrail have released a new set of photos relating to the commencement of operations on the Limmo peninsular. We’ve looked extensively at the Royal Oak tunnelling portal before, but Limmo is a thoroughly different beast and the photos show just how true that is. Unlike the western portal, the restricted access at Limmo meant that a shaft had to be constructed and the TBM parts lowered in for subsurface assembly. It makes ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Mark Townend on Crossrail: Getting a Grip (01:46, 16 January 2019)
- BGORUG SECRETARY on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (01:38, 16 January 2019)
- RayJayK on A Study in Sussex (Part 14): The Beginnings of Big Changes (22:29, 14 January 2019)
- Twopenny Tube on Narrowing the Options and Raising the Cash: The Battersea Northern Line Extension Moves Forward (09:16, 12 January 2019)
- Graham H on Crossrail: Timetable for Success? (08:28, 12 January 2019)