With Tunnelling now under way (or rather, in the west, resumed), Crossrail have released a new set of photos relating to the commencement of operations on the Limmo peninsular. We’ve looked extensively at the Royal Oak tunnelling portal before, but Limmo is a thoroughly different beast and the photos show just how true that is. Unlike the western portal, the restricted access at Limmo meant that a shaft had to be constructed and the TBM parts lowered in for subsurface assembly. It makes ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- quinlet on Transforming Oxford Street Part 1: The Bustterfly Effect (20:32, 17 February 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Friday Reads – 16 February 2018 (18:50, 17 February 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Crossrail: Cutting it Fine (18:56, 17 February 2018)
- RayK on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (07:02, 17 February 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on In Pictures: The Northern Line TBMs Arrive (04:15, 17 February 2018)