Two years ago LR found itself sitting in a conference room at the Albert Hall with a room full of railway journalists and industry representatives. The attendees were there to hear the details of a new rolling stock contract, one which had caused eyebrows to be raised when the winning bidder had been announced, and which had caused outcry in certain areas of the press. As the press office presentation drew to a close and the floor was opened to questions, it was therefore no surprise when the ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- quinlet on Transforming Oxford Street Part 1: The Bustterfly Effect (20:32, 17 February 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Friday Reads – 16 February 2018 (18:50, 17 February 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Crossrail: Cutting it Fine (18:56, 17 February 2018)
- RayK on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (07:02, 17 February 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on In Pictures: The Northern Line TBMs Arrive (04:15, 17 February 2018)