TfL have now made public the details of the public consultation for the extension of the Northern Line to Battersea via Nine Elms. As was indicated in the leaflet distributed last June, the chosen route is that which formed option 2 in the original Treasury Holdings Consultation. This will see a 3km tunnel constructed from Kennington to Battersea Power Station with a mid-station in south Nine Elms. The associated consultation documents confirm that cost and the high passenger levels already ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- CDPL on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (21:29, 25 February 2018)
- Graham H on Friday Reads – 23 February 2018 (18:34, 25 February 2018)
- Walthamstow Writer on Crossrail: Cutting it Fine (17:17, 24 February 2018)
- Taz on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (19:37, 23 February 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on How Can You Mend A Broken Railway? Thameslink and the Gibb Report (21:37, 21 February 2018)