No. 30587 Steaming at Baker Street, copyright/credit Leon Daniels It has been something of an open secret that the London Transport Museum has been preparing for a limited number of Steam runs on the Metropolitan Line next year. Indeed in February we posted pictures of the L&SWR Beattie Well Tank being used to test steam on the Line (you can find those photos here and here). This morning, the Museum finally posted both timetable and ticketing details, for the runs and given the level of ...
Part One of the above article generated a lot of interest and a lot of comments based around the issue of driverless trains. This certainly was the issue that seemed to interest the politicians and subsequently also some of our readers. It was not, however, the issue that Mike Brown, MD of London Underground, appeared to be desperately trying to get across to the Assembly – as a number of commentators recognised. To save you having to re-read the transcript, the short summary below ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- rational plan on Friday Reads – 22 March 2019 (14:34, 23 March 2019)
- Taz on Operation Umbrella: Rebuilding Oxford Circus (04:11, 23 March 2019)
- DJL on Leasing Lizzie: Finding the Funds for Deep Tube (17:55, 22 March 2019)
- Chris on 2018 Quiz: Results and Winners (01:54, 20 March 2019)
- ngh on A Study in Sussex Part 5: Up The Junction (14:47, 19 March 2019)