We'll look in more detail at the work being undertaken to bring the old island platform at Finsbury Park back into service at a later date. In the meantime, however, some photos of the current state of affairs can be found below. Interestingly, it appears that the work has uncovered some of the original platform arches.
Perhaps because they represent a mysterious unseen underworld, disused Underground stations seem to fascinate a lot of people - including those who aren't generally interested in trains. You could be forgiven for thinking that Underground sidings would carry the same cachet, but they seem to be a subject that is often overlooked.
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Ronnie MB on Friday Reads – 17 August 2018 (00:40, 18 August 2018)
- Timbeau on Crossrail: Timetable for Success? (00:00, 18 August 2018)
- Paying Guest on Transforming Oxford Street Part 2: A Real Regeneration (15:49, 17 August 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on Beyond Thameslink and Crossrail: A London Transport Update (09:28, 17 August 2018)
- Jim Elson on Friday Reads – 10 August 2018 (18:24, 16 August 2018)