Whilst most of the attention on Thursday was focused on City Hall, out West a major milestone was reached on Crossrail – tunnelling started at Royal Oak. The first of the Crossrail TBMs, “Phyllis” began the drive towards Paddington on Friday, with the second “Ada” due to be moved into place once Phyllis has cleared the portal. We’ll take a more detailed look at what’s happening here and elsewhere on Crossrail during the coming week, but in the meantime ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on Transforming Oxford Street Part 2: A Real Regeneration (21:54, 21 October 2018)
- Graham H on Friday Reads – 19 October 2018 (21:54, 21 October 2018)
- Richard Charter on The Past, Present and Future of Metropolitan Line Services: Part 1 (08:45, 21 October 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (08:04, 21 October 2018)
- Aleks on TfL Make Changes To Bus Transfer Tickets (21:07, 20 October 2018)