Whilst most of the attention on Thursday was focused on City Hall, out West a major milestone was reached on Crossrail – tunnelling started at Royal Oak. The first of the Crossrail TBMs, “Phyllis” began the drive towards Paddington on Friday, with the second “Ada” due to be moved into place once Phyllis has cleared the portal. We’ll take a more detailed look at what’s happening here and elsewhere on Crossrail during the coming week, but in the meantime ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Greg Tingey on Friday Reads – 20 July 2018 (21:02, 22 July 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on Beyond Thameslink and Crossrail: A London Transport Update (12:03, 22 July 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (10:10, 22 July 2018)
- Graham Feakins on In Pictures: A Walk On The Widened Lines (23:11, 21 July 2018)
- Man of Kent on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (22:50, 21 July 2018)