With new Rolling Stock now appearing on much of the London Underground, it seems an opportune moment to take a step back and look at some trains of times past. Below are a selection of photos showing various rolling stock in the seventies. These pictures were all taken by Nick Agnew, whom we thank for allowing us to reproduce them here, via MA. 1938 Tube Stock at Hounslow Central on the Piccadilly, July 1975. The train is about to head one station on to Hounslow West, then the Line’s ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- 100andthirty on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (13:58, 24 April 2019)
- 100andthirty on Crossrail: Getting a Grip (13:53, 24 April 2019)
- ap on ATO, a Go-go: Signalling the SSR (09:58, 24 April 2019)
- Graham H on Stretching the Line: Why We Do (and Don’t) Extend Tube Lines (11:24, 23 April 2019)
- Malcolm on Monday’s Friday Reads – 22 April 2019 (21:19, 22 April 2019)