With new Rolling Stock now appearing on much of the London Underground, it seems an opportune moment to take a step back and look at some trains of times past. Below are a selection of photos showing various rolling stock in the seventies. These pictures were all taken by Nick Agnew, whom we thank for allowing us to reproduce them here, via MA. 1938 Tube Stock at Hounslow Central on the Piccadilly, July 1975. The train is about to head one station on to Hounslow West, then the Line’s ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Mark Townend on Third Ryde Tube: Transfer Troublesome (18:58, 22 April 2018)
- Si on The Past, Present and Future of Metropolitan Line Services: Part 2 (14:45, 22 April 2018)
- Briantist on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (08:27, 22 April 2018)
- quinlet on Friday Reads – 20 April 2018 (21:08, 21 April 2018)
- IslandDweller on TfL Confirm Elizabeth Line Fares (13:15, 20 April 2018)