Southend Airport’s new rail station, which we have covered before, finally opened this summer. John Geoghegan, writing in the Echo, reported: Southend Airport’s new £12million rail station will finally open for business on Monday (17th July 2011). Following repeated delays, the first train from Southend Victoria to Liverpool Street is due to stop at the station at 4.05am. Airport owners Stobart have also revealed they will start charging customers to use the station’s ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- timbeau on In Pictures: A Walk On The Widened Lines (10:12, 21 July 2018)
- Walthamstow Writer on Friday Reads – 20 July 2018 (01:27, 21 July 2018)
- Frank on Beyond Thameslink and Crossrail: A London Transport Update (01:22, 21 July 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (08:02, 21 July 2018)
- MikeC on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (21:20, 20 July 2018)