Thanks to all who continue to provide feedback on the new site design. I’ve now made another couple of tweaks, based on that feedback: The background (and text in the “inverted” site version) are now slightly off-white, to reduce glare. I’ve reduced the line-height within articles slightly, to make visual scanning easier To clarify for those who weren’t sure how print stylesheets work, basically just go to the page you want to print and select File > Print. Simple ...
Mikey’s Flikr pool is one that we have raided (with his permission) before, as it is often home to some impressive images from London’s Transport history. This week is no exception, with two excellent images of Farringdon & High Holborn featuring, both taken in 1934. These are reproduced below, along with the original accompanying original commentary. You can see the originals on his photostream. As he points out, both images are likely originally London Underground’s own, ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Walthamstow Writer on Friday Reads – 14 September 2018 (00:38, 22 September 2018)
- Graham H on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (22:23, 21 September 2018)
- Paul S on CS11 London: City of Westminster v TfL (20:13, 21 September 2018)
- quinlet on Friday Reads – 21 September 2018 (17:01, 21 September 2018)
- 100andthirty on Streamlined Modernity: Frank Pick’s Forgotten Bus Garages (07:33, 20 September 2018)