Thanks to all who continue to provide feedback on the new site design. I’ve now made another couple of tweaks, based on that feedback: The background (and text in the “inverted” site version) are now slightly off-white, to reduce glare. I’ve reduced the line-height within articles slightly, to make visual scanning easier To clarify for those who weren’t sure how print stylesheets work, basically just go to the page you want to print and select File > Print. Simple ...
Mikey’s Flikr pool is one that we have raided (with his permission) before, as it is often home to some impressive images from London’s Transport history. This week is no exception, with two excellent images of Farringdon & High Holborn featuring, both taken in 1934. These are reproduced below, along with the original accompanying original commentary. You can see the originals on his photostream. As he points out, both images are likely originally London Underground’s own, ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Aleks on Friday Reads – 23 August 2019 (00:15, 24 August 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on The Queen vs DfT: Questioning the East Anglia Franchise (15:39, 23 August 2019)
- ngh on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (13:43, 23 August 2019)
- Taz on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (20:44, 22 August 2019)
- Reynolds 953 on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (17:26, 22 August 2019)