Thanks to everyone who has commented so far on the design. Some changes (and clarifications) are below: Colour Scheme As a couple of commentors have pointed out, black on white is the easiest combination for most people when it comes to reading large amounts of text. As LR is really about the content, not the visuals, we opted for a simple, clean design that matched this – a design fit for purpose (Frank Pick would be proud). That said, many people prefer light-on-dark (as was the case ...
The scope of the first phase of the East London Line Extension was modified to include a flying junction at Silwood just north of New Cross Gate. The basic flying junction infrastructure, embankments, bridge and drainage, was put in place to enable a flying start to be made on the (then hotly debated) date of the East London Line Extension to Clapham Junction (phase 2). That hot date was last Sunday. The line north of New Cross Gate was closed and London Overground trains from West Croydon and ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- anthony collyer on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (10:59, 17 August 2019)
- Simon Colenutt on Friday Reads – 16 August 2019 (07:08, 17 August 2019)
- Graham H on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (22:31, 16 August 2019)
- Paul S on Monday’s Friday Reads – 12 August 2019 (20:02, 16 August 2019)
- Betterbee on Monday’s Friday Reads – 5 August 2019 (02:23, 12 August 2019)