Back in September 2010, JB raised the question of possible extensions to the Bakerloo line south from Elephant and Castle to Hayes, as in Hayes but not as in Hayes and Harlington. The former being in Kent and the latter, for those who still think in “old money” terms of Shires and sex-pence, in Middlesex. Adding their voice to both Lewisham Council’s Sustainable Development Select Committee and TfL’s and the Mayor’s Transport Strategy, Network Rail, in the latest iteration of the ...
With just under a year to go to the Olympics, various transport projects in preparation for the Games are either already finished or are in advanced stages. There are three Olympic Zones in London: Olympic Park, Central and River and this article is intended to give an idea of what’s happening in each of the Zones. 80% of spectators to the Games are expected to travel by rail. There are actually a wide variety of modes of transport to choose from, with Olympic Delivery Authority (ODA) ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- ngh on Friday Reads – 22 March 2019 (09:20, 25 March 2019)
- Pedantic of Purley on Don’t Bank on Crossrail (19:20, 24 March 2019)
- ngh on Leasing Lizzie: Finding the Funds for Deep Tube (16:24, 23 March 2019)
- Taz on Operation Umbrella: Rebuilding Oxford Circus (04:11, 23 March 2019)
- Chris on 2018 Quiz: Results and Winners (01:54, 20 March 2019)