Back in September 2010, JB raised the question of possible extensions to the Bakerloo line south from Elephant and Castle to Hayes, as in Hayes but not as in Hayes and Harlington. The former being in Kent and the latter, for those who still think in “old money” terms of Shires and sex-pence, in Middlesex. Adding their voice to both Lewisham Council’s Sustainable Development Select Committee and TfL’s and the Mayor’s Transport Strategy, Network Rail, in the latest iteration of the ...
With just under a year to go to the Olympics, various transport projects in preparation for the Games are either already finished or are in advanced stages. There are three Olympic Zones in London: Olympic Park, Central and River and this article is intended to give an idea of what’s happening in each of the Zones. 80% of spectators to the Games are expected to travel by rail. There are actually a wide variety of modes of transport to choose from, with Olympic Delivery Authority (ODA) ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Anon E. Mouse on Friday Reads – 19 January 2018 (00:25, 23 January 2018)
- Graham H on Purple Train: A Look At Crossrail’s Rolling Stock (18:02, 22 January 2018)
- 100andthirty on Leasing Lizzie: Finding the Funds for Deep Tube (22:28, 21 January 2018)
- Jock on In Pictures: Kings Cross In The Fifties (09:47, 19 January 2018)
- Ben on The Metropolitan Line Extension: Deadline Day (14:27, 17 January 2018)