Our thanks and copyright acknowledgements to Ian Bancroft for this atmospeheric shot of a Javelin Travelin [Eek! So soon after Proof-Reading Gate- JB] through the arches near Gravesend. A new Crossrail logistics centre is to be built on the site of the old Lafarge/Blue Circle cement works at Northfleet. These pictures by Flickrist L2F1 show the old plant before its 2008 demolition. Tilbury Power Station to the North West can be seen across the Thames. Our thanks and copyright acknowledgements. ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Pedantic of Purley on Crossrail: Cutting it Fine (09:40, 18 March 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on TfL Confirm Elizabeth Line Fares (09:32, 18 March 2018)
- 100andthirty on Why capacity won’t increase on Southeastern Metro any time soon (08:05, 18 March 2018)
- answer=42 on Garden Bridge Review: National Audit Office Transcript (19:03, 16 March 2018)
- Long Branch Mike on Friday Reads – 16 March 2018 (17:55, 16 March 2018)