Our thanks and copyright acknowledgements to Ian Bancroft for this atmospeheric shot of a Javelin Travelin [Eek! So soon after Proof-Reading Gate- JB] through the arches near Gravesend. A new Crossrail logistics centre is to be built on the site of the old Lafarge/Blue Circle cement works at Northfleet. These pictures by Flickrist L2F1 show the old plant before its 2008 demolition. Tilbury Power Station to the North West can be seen across the Thames. Our thanks and copyright acknowledgements. ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Ian J on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (05:04, 21 September 2018)
- Ian J on CS11 London: City of Westminster v TfL (02:39, 21 September 2018)
- DONALD MACKINNON on Friday Reads – 14 September 2018 (11:21, 20 September 2018)
- 100andthirty on Streamlined Modernity: Frank Pick’s Forgotten Bus Garages (07:33, 20 September 2018)
- Malcolm on Crossrail: A Hole New World (16:03, 19 September 2018)