Further to JB’s report on the ELLX Phase Two extension from Surrey Quays to Clapham Junction, let’s go for a photographic guided tour of the end of the line at Clapham Junction where passengers will be able to change between the East and West London Lines of London Overground. With Battersea Power Station and the massive gas holder that loomed over Battersea Park station in the background, this 1947 view of the city end of Clapham Junction clearly shows from left to right the sets of ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Ian J on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (05:04, 21 September 2018)
- Ian J on CS11 London: City of Westminster v TfL (02:39, 21 September 2018)
- DONALD MACKINNON on Friday Reads – 14 September 2018 (11:21, 20 September 2018)
- 100andthirty on Streamlined Modernity: Frank Pick’s Forgotten Bus Garages (07:33, 20 September 2018)
- Malcolm on Crossrail: A Hole New World (16:03, 19 September 2018)