Halcrow have had a long association with London’s Transport infrastructure, and as Annie Mole over at Going Underground has highlighted, they now have an interesting glimpse into the Victoria Line’s past on their website. This is the half-hour film, the title card of which is shown above – Report Number 1 Over and Under, Operations at Oxford Circus, created in 1964 by British Transport Films. This can be viewed on their website here (but not embedded unfortunately) and provides ...
Newham’s Strategic Development Committee have approved the plans for the new DLR station at Pudding Mill Lane. The Current Pudding Mill Lane, which opened in 1996, sits across the site of one of Crossrail’s tunnel portals and thus a replacement DLR station is to be constructed immediately to the south between the River Lea and City Mill River. This new station will be commissioned in 2013, at which point the old one can be removed. This will allow the construction of the 120m ramp ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- A Gerald on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (23:13, 23 July 2019)
- Greg Tingey on Night Trains – They’re not dead yet (21:20, 23 July 2019)
- Mark Townend on Friday Reads – 19 July 2019 (18:10, 23 July 2019)
- Henry on Monday’s Friday Reads – 22 July 2019 (11:45, 23 July 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (10:57, 19 July 2019)