Last week saw an opportunity arise to see the work taking place on Phase 2 of the ELL Extension close up, as well as pay a brief visit to the new NLL control centre at Upminster. On the ELL As many readers will be aware, much of the Extension will utilise the Inner South London, with route clearing for the 378s now underway there. A short stretch of new line is required, however, on the disused alignment which runs from Surrey Quays to Old Kent Road Junction. Once finished, the extension will ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Mark Townend on Friday Reads – 19 July 2019 (18:10, 23 July 2019)
- Greg Tingey on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (21:40, 23 July 2019)
- Henry on Monday’s Friday Reads – 22 July 2019 (11:45, 23 July 2019)
- Greg Tingey on Night Trains – They’re not dead yet (21:20, 23 July 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (10:57, 19 July 2019)