Dan Coombs, writing in the “Uxbridge Gazette” reports the aspirations of Hillingdon Council to extend the Central Line from West Ruislip to join the Metropolitan Line to Uxbridge between Ruislip and Ickenham. HILLINGDON Council is to lobby TfL to have the Central underground line extended from West Ruislip to Uxbridge. The reasoning behind the plans is that having the line will cut traffic on the A40 and the Uxbridge Road, both serving ‘a key transport corridor’ to ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham H on Purple Train: A Look At Crossrail’s Rolling Stock (18:02, 22 January 2018)
- AlisonW on Friday Reads – 19 January 2018 (14:50, 22 January 2018)
- 100andthirty on Leasing Lizzie: Finding the Funds for Deep Tube (22:28, 21 January 2018)
- Jock on In Pictures: Kings Cross In The Fifties (09:47, 19 January 2018)
- Ben on The Metropolitan Line Extension: Deadline Day (14:27, 17 January 2018)