Today saw a number of London figures, including the Mayor and Transport Secretary Philip Hammond, participate in a “test run” on the new DLR Extension. Ostensibly to promote the various works being completed in the lead up to the Olympics, the occasion also provided an opportunity to get some good photos of the new Stratford International DLR station (as well as platform 16 at Stratford). The new DLR station broadly follows the current trend for clean concrete, steel and glass seen ...
Last week saw an opportunity to head into the North Dock at Canary Wharf in order to get a closer look at the work currently taking place on constructing Canary Wharf Crossrail station. The station will ultimately comprise seven levels, from green space at the top to track level below. Three of those levels sit beneath the Dock itself – the lowest shopping level, the concourse and the track level. With excavation and construction of the station box now almost complete, it is thus on these ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Long Branch Mike on Word of the Year: Crayonista (18:51, 18 September 2018)
- ngh on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (13:56, 18 September 2018)
- Nameless on Friday Reads – 14 September 2018 (12:00, 18 September 2018)
- Mark Townend on And it Moves Us All: East Coast To Be Renationalised (15:52, 17 September 2018)
- Ian J on Horrible Holborn: When Postponement Is Not An Option (01:42, 17 September 2018)