The link across London would provide through trains, cut-out inconvenient interchanges between train and underground or taxi, and thus save valuable time. It would help commuters from the outer suburbs of London and Inter-City travellers alike. It would make a journey from Peterborough to Portsmouth or Watford to Woking as straightforward as the London Underground already makes a ride from Barnet to Balham. We are publishing this during difficult economic times for the country. But it is ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- ngh on Friday Reads – 22 March 2019 (09:20, 25 March 2019)
- Pedantic of Purley on Don’t Bank on Crossrail (19:20, 24 March 2019)
- ngh on Leasing Lizzie: Finding the Funds for Deep Tube (16:24, 23 March 2019)
- Taz on Operation Umbrella: Rebuilding Oxford Circus (04:11, 23 March 2019)
- Chris on 2018 Quiz: Results and Winners (01:54, 20 March 2019)