At first glance, it would be easy to assume that the photo above had come from one of Britain’s remaining mines. Indeed were it not for the presence of the ubiquitous orange jacket, it would be equally easy to assume that the photo was from a different time. In fact the location pictured is far closer to home – it is a photo of Oxford Street. With Tottenham Court Road Station closing to Northern Line passenger traffic today, it is perhaps inevitable that much of the media coverage will ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Walthamstow Writer on Friday Reads – 14 September 2018 (00:38, 22 September 2018)
- Graham H on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (22:23, 21 September 2018)
- Paul S on CS11 London: City of Westminster v TfL (20:13, 21 September 2018)
- quinlet on Friday Reads – 21 September 2018 (17:01, 21 September 2018)
- 100andthirty on Streamlined Modernity: Frank Pick’s Forgotten Bus Garages (07:33, 20 September 2018)