Back in January, TfL began the process of tendering for additional Trams for the Tramlink. These are intended to be used for a Monday – Saturday service between Elmers End and Therapia Lane, a service that will require ten units (five of which will be in service at any time). The shortlist of bidders for this tender has now been announced, and it makes interesting reading. As Pedantic has pointed out on LR before, the Croydon Tramlink is wider than many systems, meaning that ...
And now for something completely different. Well, almost. The recent RUS defines the Windsor lines as ‘routes via Putney’. To put it another way these are South West Trains routes that originate at Waterloo and turn right after Clapham Junction (as opposed to turning left and going via Wimbledon). Before launching into the issues we need a bit of background understanding. So lets talk about level crossings. To those building railways in Victorian times, level crossings were ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Greg Tingey on ULEZ: Why The (Slightly) Lower Emission Zone Matters (17:12, 26 May 2019)
- timbeau on Friday Reads – 24 May 2019 (16:11, 26 May 2019)
- Margret Thatcher on The Importance of Being Earnest: Making the Case for Crossrail 2 (14:17, 26 May 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on Monday’s Friday Reads – 20 May 2019 (12:53, 26 May 2019)
- timbeau on In Pictures: Overground Class 710s Enter Service (21:44, 25 May 2019)