Back in October, with the Spending Review in full effect, the DfT announced the fate of a number of local transport projects nominated by the now-defunct Regional Development Agencies. With the funding pot now far smaller, the DfT announced that they had discarded many, and split the remaining projects into a number of groups. Effectively these represented: 1) Green-lit schemes that will go ahead, subject to the relevant statutory requirements being met. 2) Schemes that have been confirmed, ...
There are a number of pre-Olympic projects nearing completion at Stratford, the first of which is the new Ticket Hall on the mezzanine. This is now virtually finished, but is unlikely to open until the adjacent Westfield Shopping Centre does (as that is primarily what it is there to serve). Many thanks to version3point1 for the station photos below, which are reproduced with her permission. More can be found on her flikr photostream. A couple of looks at the gateline. The first two a good ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- James Lynch on The Past, Present and Future of Metropolitan Line Services: Part 2 (01:47, 21 April 2018)
- cjw714 on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (00:49, 21 April 2018)
- Toby on Friday Reads – 20 April 2018 (21:12, 20 April 2018)
- IslandDweller on TfL Confirm Elizabeth Line Fares (13:15, 20 April 2018)
- Trey on The New Tube For London: The Driverless Train With A Driver (12:06, 18 April 2018)