Whitechapel is a busy place at the moment. Work appears finally to have started on the SSL platforms, with hoardings now up on the two outer platforms (effectively rendering it a standard two road station for now). Elsewhere, Crossrail work is now properly underway above the Overground as well. As can be seen from the images below, the crash deck that began to appear above the ELL in December continues to progress, the last shot also gives a nice idea as to the relationship between the ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- IslandDweller on ULEZ: Why The (Slightly) Lower Emission Zone Matters (18:16, 26 May 2019)
- timbeau on Friday Reads – 24 May 2019 (16:11, 26 May 2019)
- Margret Thatcher on The Importance of Being Earnest: Making the Case for Crossrail 2 (14:17, 26 May 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on Monday’s Friday Reads – 20 May 2019 (12:53, 26 May 2019)
- timbeau on In Pictures: Overground Class 710s Enter Service (21:44, 25 May 2019)