Last week saw the first test train run on the new ELL extension to Highbury and Islington. 378-233 was the unit that made the run, pictured below. Sources suggest the extension is still likely to open some time towards the end of next month. South of the river, it seems that those who were hoping that ELLX Phase 2 to Clapham Junction would be completed before the Olympics will now be disappointed. The original timetable for development had aimed for a May 2012 opening, but TfL have confirmed ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- AlanBG on Friday Reads – 16 August 2019 (14:02, 19 August 2019)
- timbeau on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (13:31, 19 August 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (14:45, 19 August 2019)
- Paul S on Monday’s Friday Reads – 12 August 2019 (20:02, 16 August 2019)
- Betterbee on Monday’s Friday Reads – 5 August 2019 (02:23, 12 August 2019)