Several commentors on the recent station aerial pictures post were interested in knowing a bit more about the single track link that used to exist between Waterloo and the line out of Charing Cross, which both Greg Tingey and Timbeau highlighted as existing previous to Waterloo’s later rebuilds. The link was constructed in 1864 though was never heavily used. At that time it carried a short-lived Cannon Street – Kensington (Addison Road) service, and then was later used for a ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- anthony collyer on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (10:59, 17 August 2019)
- Simon Colenutt on Friday Reads – 16 August 2019 (07:08, 17 August 2019)
- Graham H on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (22:31, 16 August 2019)
- Paul S on Monday’s Friday Reads – 12 August 2019 (20:02, 16 August 2019)
- Betterbee on Monday’s Friday Reads – 5 August 2019 (02:23, 12 August 2019)