TfL have confirmed that they have begun consultation with the City of London on proposed retunnelling works at Bank station. Although full details are not yet available, it appears that the intention is to carry out retunnelling work on the Northern Line in order to increase capacity on the platforms and provide additional entry and exit routes. This would include a number of high-capacity lifts down to platform level (handily providing step-free access as well). The plans apparently ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham H on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (08:28, 26 June 2019)
- Sledge on In Pictures: The DLR at Twenty Five (16:57, 25 June 2019)
- Greg Tingey on London’s First Highway: The East London River Crossings (10:31, 25 June 2019)
- Graham H on Bakerloo Déjà Vu: Buying New Trains for the DLR (08:13, 25 June 2019)
- Excalabur on Monday’s Friday Reads – 24 June 2019 (12:30, 24 June 2019)