Let both dings and dongs sound merrily from somewhere up above – for Christmas is here once again and, with a regularity that certain rail franchises can only envy, that means it is time for the Christmas quiz. Prepared by the finest transport minds with login access to this website (so basically Mwmbwls and I) the questions below are designed to tax your knowledge (or more likely your google-fu) to its limit. As always, there will be prizes, although we’re still finalising precisely ...
London Overground is pressing on with its £326 million upgrade under full power, with the promised better services due to be implemented on 22nd May 2011. As many will know, new timetables came into affect on all lines except the Gospel Oak to Barking on Sunday 12 December. These are all online and at stations.The main difference is that there will be no service between Richmond and Stratford, and Shepherd’s Bush and Willesden Junction on Sundays during the upgrade work. Although there is a ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Aleks on Friday Reads – 23 August 2019 (00:15, 24 August 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on The Queen vs DfT: Questioning the East Anglia Franchise (15:39, 23 August 2019)
- ngh on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (13:43, 23 August 2019)
- Taz on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (20:44, 22 August 2019)
- Reynolds 953 on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (17:26, 22 August 2019)