Crossrail have issued a tender notice for the line’s Rolling Stock, depot and maintenance facilities. Published in the OJEU today, the notice covers the provision of rolling stock for the line, as well as on-board signalling installation, ongoing maintenance and the creation of the new Crossrail depot at Old Oak Common. A basic Rolling Stock concept image, issued by Crossrail alongside today’s tender announcement. Some details about the rolling stock and service patterns can be ...
The Docklands Light Railway (DLR) capacity enhancement project is making extremely good progress, with three-car trains in starting operation yesterday (Tuesday 30th November, 2010) on the Stratford – Lewisham route. This increases capacity by 50% per three-car train during the morning peak. The Director of the DLR, Jonathan Fox, said: “We are continuing to deliver an increase in capacity across the network as promised and local residents and passengers are now seeing the benefits of this. ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Taz on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (19:37, 23 February 2018)
- ap on Crossrail: Cutting it Fine (14:22, 23 February 2018)
- Herned on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (10:42, 22 February 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on How Can You Mend A Broken Railway? Thameslink and the Gibb Report (21:37, 21 February 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on Horrible Holborn: When Postponement Is Not An Option (19:59, 21 February 2018)