Apropos of nothing other than perhaps the fact that its Friday, below is footage shot on the last day of Central Line service between Epping and Ongar back in 1994 (with 3-car 1960 stock running). Via and thanks to Dave Hill at the Guardian.
Cellular News are reporting that TfL are nearing an agreement with all four major mobile phone networks to bring mobile coverage to certain areas of the Underground. Reportedly, the deal would see phone coverage brought to both the Jubilee and Central Lines ahead of the Olympics and is likely to be signed within the next couple of weeks. Interestingly, it appears that despite much talk in recent years over possible new technologies for bringing phone coverage to the Tube, the actual method being ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Greg Tingey on Friday Reads – 20 July 2018 (21:02, 22 July 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on Beyond Thameslink and Crossrail: A London Transport Update (12:03, 22 July 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (10:10, 22 July 2018)
- Graham Feakins on In Pictures: A Walk On The Widened Lines (23:11, 21 July 2018)
- Man of Kent on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (22:50, 21 July 2018)