Transport Secretary Philip Hammond revealed details today of a number of rail projects for which news had been missing since the Spending Review. Most notable in the announcement was confirmation that Thameslink will indeed be completed in full as currently scoped, albeit with a slightly elongated delivery plan. The project will now be scheduled to complete in 2019 (by which point, cynics may point out, the originally titled “Thameslink 2000” project will only be a mere 19 years ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- MiaM on Night Trains – They’re not dead yet (04:05, 22 July 2019)
- Graham H on Friday Reads – 19 July 2019 (22:26, 21 July 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (10:57, 19 July 2019)
- Aleks on Monday’s Friday Reads – 15 July 2019 (19:59, 17 July 2019)
- timbeau on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (22:07, 16 July 2019)