Going back even further than our previous 1927 Underground map, the map above shows the network as it was in 1907. This map is printed on card with a dark green backing. 1907 is our estimated date for it, but it does feature both Hammersmith (Grove Road) and the Hammersmith & City service to Richmond which ended in December 1906. Whether this was simply a result of the map being printed before a decision had been made, or whether it dates it slightly earlier than we suspect is currently ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Aleks on Friday Reads – 23 August 2019 (00:15, 24 August 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on The Queen vs DfT: Questioning the East Anglia Franchise (15:39, 23 August 2019)
- ngh on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (13:43, 23 August 2019)
- Taz on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (20:44, 22 August 2019)
- Reynolds 953 on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (17:26, 22 August 2019)