Going back even further than our previous 1927 Underground map, the map above shows the network as it was in 1907. This map is printed on card with a dark green backing. 1907 is our estimated date for it, but it does feature both Hammersmith (Grove Road) and the Hammersmith & City service to Richmond which ended in December 1906. Whether this was simply a result of the map being printed before a decision had been made, or whether it dates it slightly earlier than we suspect is currently ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Aleks on Beyond Thameslink and Crossrail: A London Transport Update (02:24, 18 July 2018)
- Aleks on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (02:19, 18 July 2018)
- Anonymous on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (01:31, 18 July 2018)
- CBTC Trainer on London Underground: The Forgotten Digital Railway (17:57, 17 July 2018)
- Stewart on Friday Reads – 13 July 2018 (08:46, 16 July 2018)