Going back even further than our previous 1927 Underground map, the map above shows the network as it was in 1907. This map is printed on card with a dark green backing. 1907 is our estimated date for it, but it does feature both Hammersmith (Grove Road) and the Hammersmith & City service to Richmond which ended in December 1906. Whether this was simply a result of the map being printed before a decision had been made, or whether it dates it slightly earlier than we suspect is currently ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Dave on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (21:51, 24 April 2018)
- CDPL on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (21:21, 24 April 2018)
- Greg Tingey on The Kent Route Study (Part 2): Crossrail to Gravesend (17:25, 24 April 2018)
- Graham H on Third Ryde Tube: Transfer Troublesome (08:22, 24 April 2018)
- James Lynch on The Past, Present and Future of Metropolitan Line Services: Part 2 (21:25, 22 April 2018)