“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times; it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness; it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity; it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness; it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.” As was the case for the period of which Dickens wrote, these too are turbulent times. Bands of Treasurlutionaries are roaming the corridors of power, at the behest of Citizen George Osbierre, the Chancellor ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Malcolm on Friday Reads – 19 July 2019 (13:39, 22 July 2019)
- Littlejohn on Monday’s Friday Reads – 22 July 2019 (13:29, 22 July 2019)
- MiaM on Night Trains – They’re not dead yet (04:05, 22 July 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (10:57, 19 July 2019)
- Aleks on Monday’s Friday Reads – 15 July 2019 (19:59, 17 July 2019)