Below is a letter, dated 31st August, sent to Caroline Pidgeon AM by Theresa Villiers MP. The letter confirms that that the DfT will not provide the additional £7m funding commitment required to ensure Surrey Canal Road station is constructed as part of the ELLX Phase 2 work. This, combined with the fact that work on ELLX Phase 2 is now already underway, means the station will almost certainly not be built in the short term. Caroline, I recently gave a commitment to consider whether the ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- CDPL on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (21:21, 24 April 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (20:15, 24 April 2018)
- Greg Tingey on The Kent Route Study (Part 2): Crossrail to Gravesend (17:25, 24 April 2018)
- Graham H on Third Ryde Tube: Transfer Troublesome (08:22, 24 April 2018)
- James Lynch on The Past, Present and Future of Metropolitan Line Services: Part 2 (21:25, 22 April 2018)