During the recent blockade on the Hammersmith and City and Circle, work took place at Paddington on both Crossrail and the station upgrade works. The works largely focused on the demolition of the old disused taxi ramp at the station, and the removal of a canopy that sits above the Hammersmith & City platforms (hence the need for the blockade). More notably, the old disused Bishops Road ticket hall was finally demolished, as was the redundant cable bridge running over the line. The old lift ...
As reported earlier this week by Building Design, Kensington & Chelsea Council has authorised a £55,000 feasibility study into a new Crossrail station in the borough. This isn’t a new idea, having long been a goal for the council. As this press release from July 2010 says: Crossrail requires a “turnback” site in west London to accommodate trains that will make shorter journeys across central London, as far west as Paddington. These trains will need a ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- MiaM on Night Trains – They’re not dead yet (04:05, 22 July 2019)
- Graham H on Friday Reads – 19 July 2019 (22:26, 21 July 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (10:57, 19 July 2019)
- Aleks on Monday’s Friday Reads – 15 July 2019 (19:59, 17 July 2019)
- timbeau on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (22:07, 16 July 2019)