Bond Street station, at the heart of London’s West End, is due to have a costly upgrade, with main work starting from 2011, and is due to be finished before the arrival of Crossrail in 2017. At the moment 155,000 passengers use the station every day, and that is expected to increase to 225,000 by 2017 with the arrival of the new cross-capital line. This is the third major station renewal in twelve months to be awarded. Bond Street’s facelift has been awarded to Costain Laing O’Rourke ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- James Bunting on Operation Umbrella: Rebuilding Oxford Circus (06:31, 20 March 2019)
- Chris on 2018 Quiz: Results and Winners (01:54, 20 March 2019)
- ngh on A Study in Sussex Part 5: Up The Junction (14:47, 19 March 2019)
- Graham Feakins on Friday Reads – 15 March 2019 (01:42, 19 March 2019)
- Mikey C on In Pictures: The New Overground Class 172s (11:08, 18 March 2019)