Bond Street station, at the heart of London’s West End, is due to have a costly upgrade, with main work starting from 2011, and is due to be finished before the arrival of Crossrail in 2017. At the moment 155,000 passengers use the station every day, and that is expected to increase to 225,000 by 2017 with the arrival of the new cross-capital line. This is the third major station renewal in twelve months to be awarded. Bond Street’s facelift has been awarded to Costain Laing O’Rourke ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Vince on Monday’s Friday Reads – 20 May 2019 (20:37, 24 May 2019)
- Aleks on Friday Reads – 24 May 2019 (19:54, 24 May 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on In Pictures: Overground Class 710s Enter Service (15:17, 24 May 2019)
- Mikey C on ULEZ: Why The (Slightly) Lower Emission Zone Matters (14:56, 24 May 2019)
- BGORUG SECRETARY on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (14:58, 22 May 2019)