The S Stock entered passenger service unofficially on Saturday and more officially yesterday on the Metropolitan line. It is currently being used on some services between Wembley Park and Watford, although the exact times of S Stock services vary on a day-by-day basis. Unfortunately this author was on a rare excursion outside of the M25 at the time of its launch, but Tom from BorisWatch and DeanN from Londonist were kind enough to offer their photos and footage of the new rolling stock in ...
Network Rail has announced the award of the, £32 million, Thameslink core area resignalling contract to Invensys Rail. The project is designed to provide a significant increase in route capacity, allowing 24 trains per hour to run from Loughborough Junction in the south, through central London, and onto Kentish Town in the north. Our thanks and copyright acknowledgements to Flickrist Bob Lear for this picture of a class 319 EMU, approaching Loughborough Junction station from the south on route ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- timbeau on Night Trains – They’re not dead yet (23:20, 15 July 2019)
- quinlet on Monday’s Friday Reads – 15 July 2019 (21:50, 15 July 2019)
- Nameless on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (10:37, 15 July 2019)
- John on Friday Reads – 12 July 2019 (05:45, 14 July 2019)
- quinlet on Monday’s Friday Reads – 8 July 2019 (21:44, 9 July 2019)