Those travelling on the Victoria Line over recent weeks will have noticed that the line has experienced more than its regular share of disruption. Both the Evening Standard and the BBC have covered the issues but it is probably worth us giving a bit more background here as well (not least because the Standard’s article includes some numbers that are rather disingenuous). Breakdowns Although London Underground have remained relatively tight-lipped on the more specific details, various ...
Our thanks and copyright acknowledgements to Richard Marks for this “Mists and Mellow Fruitfulness” view of Northolt Junction taken in 2009 looking south from South Ruislip station. The facing point to the left, with the 30/60 limit, is the up Marylebone which currently runs on the north side of the West London Refuse Transfer Station and via Northolt Park and South Harrow to Marylebone. The track going straight ahead forms the bi-directional “Up and Down Greenford” whilst translates ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- MiaM on Night Trains – They’re not dead yet (04:05, 22 July 2019)
- Graham H on Friday Reads – 19 July 2019 (22:26, 21 July 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (10:57, 19 July 2019)
- Aleks on Monday’s Friday Reads – 15 July 2019 (19:59, 17 July 2019)
- timbeau on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (22:07, 16 July 2019)