The Secretary of State for Transport has approved Network Rail’s Nuneaton North chord application. Our thanks and copyright acknowledgements to Flickrist – Stephen Rees for his picture of a Felixstowe bound Freightliner emerging from the NLL’s Down Channelsea Curve on to the GEML at Stratford. Note that the first container of the train is built to the 9 feet ISO height standard whilst second container is built to the newer and larger ISO 9 feet 6 inch standard. The latter requies W10 ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- MiaM on Night Trains – They’re not dead yet (04:05, 22 July 2019)
- Graham H on Friday Reads – 19 July 2019 (22:26, 21 July 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (10:57, 19 July 2019)
- Aleks on Monday’s Friday Reads – 15 July 2019 (19:59, 17 July 2019)
- timbeau on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (22:07, 16 July 2019)