Following on from Mwmbwls’ earlier piece, below is a better image of the currently anticipated route, and a very early concept image (which obviously may bear no relation to any actual design).
The Mayor, an erudite and eclectic author, is no doubt familiar with the context of remarks made by both Jean-Jacques Rousseau and Juvenal. “S’ils n’ont plus de pain, qu’ils mangent de la brioche” – Jean-Jacques Rousseau “Panem et circenses” – Juvenal If LR readers will indulge me in a spot of Mwmbwlian metaphor mangling – Is the Thames Cable Car proposal destined to become just a “Brioche et Circenses”, (Cake and Circuses) feature of the coming ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham H on Monday’s Friday Reads – 20 May 2019 (13:38, 21 May 2019)
- Graham Feakins on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (01:17, 21 May 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on ULEZ: Why The (Slightly) Lower Emission Zone Matters (18:18, 20 May 2019)
- Graham H on Mind the Gender Gap: The Hidden Data Gap in Transport (08:20, 20 May 2019)
- Alan Griffiths on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (13:01, 19 May 2019)