The Circle and Hammersmith & City lines will be closed between Hammersmith and Edgware Road for three weeks from Saturday 24th July to Sunday 15th August. This closure is in order to demolish a disused taxi ramp and a canopy, metres away from the running lines at Paddington station. Upgrade work will also continue at the station and building work on Crossrail will begin in earnest. Nigel Holness, service director for London Underground, said: “Due to the nature of the works at ...
Bloomberg are reporting that TfL have now officially completed their buyout of Tube Lines for the sum of £310m. The deal brings to an end the PPP maintenance and upgrade structure on the Underground, and sees Tube Lines become a wholly owned unit of TfL. TfL have also entered into agreements to restructure £1.75bn of Tube Lines’ debt. Approximately £1.6bn of this will now be directly guaranteed by TfL (who were effectively indirectly guaranteeing it before anyway) and £135m paid off. ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- JohnMF on Night Trains – They’re not dead yet (11:34, 16 July 2019)
- ap on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (11:08, 16 July 2019)
- ngh on Monday’s Friday Reads – 15 July 2019 (10:09, 16 July 2019)
- John on Friday Reads – 12 July 2019 (05:45, 14 July 2019)
- quinlet on Monday’s Friday Reads – 8 July 2019 (21:44, 9 July 2019)