Building Magazine reported this week that the government is considering cuts to Crossrail totalling £5 billion — almost a third of the project’s total £15.9 billion budget — in a worst-case scenario. Possible cuts include the Crossrail stations at Bond Street and Tottenham Court Road, cutting the number of carriages per train from 12 to 10, or abandoning extensions to Maidenhead and Abbey Wood. Whilst Crossrail refused to comment on the specific cutbacks, supporters have been out in ...
(Editor’s note: selected questions and answers only, and some have been edited for brevity. If any notable questions are missing let me know via the comments and I’ll update.) In this post: Congestion Charge and the WEZ. The LEZ. Cycle safety, limits and hiring. Electric taxis and electric charging. Potholes. Road safety. Roadworks. Traffic enforcement. Coach parking. Olympic lanes. The North Circular. Gyratories and Cycle Superhighways. Motorcycles. You promised to scrap the Western ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Malcolm on Friday Reads – 19 July 2019 (13:39, 22 July 2019)
- Littlejohn on Monday’s Friday Reads – 22 July 2019 (13:29, 22 July 2019)
- MiaM on Night Trains – They’re not dead yet (04:05, 22 July 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (10:57, 19 July 2019)
- Aleks on Monday’s Friday Reads – 15 July 2019 (19:59, 17 July 2019)