(A brief note on the highlights from today’s meeting of the Transport Committee, where London Underground MD Mike Brown answered questions on recent PPP developments.) Firstly: with Jubilee Line upgrades already delayed, Mr Brown said that he was concerned about the Northern Line upgrade being ready for the Olympics, and noted it would be a “real stretch” for the Piccadilly Line upgrades to complete on target by 2014. Secondly: as noted by the BBC’s Tom Edwards, whilst ...
(Editor’s note: selected questions and answers only, and some have been edited/combined for brevity. If any notable questions or responses are missing let me know via the comments and I’ll update. More posts to follow over the next few days.) In this post: Tube Lines debt, liabilities and job risk. PPP. Tim O’Toole. Circle Line service. Northern Line spur. Safety and escalator works at Bank/Monument stations. Help Points. Southfields work. Waterloo & City Line passenger ...
According to the BBC, Eurostar has declined to run services from the new £210 million Stratford International station. A Freedom of Information request uncovered minutes from a DfT meeting in January noting this – although Eurostar categorically denies having made such a decision. The BBC’s Tom Edwards quotes the Mayor of Newham as saying: “It’s exciting we have a government that is committed to high-speed rail. But in Stratford International we have a station that is ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham H on Monday’s Friday Reads – 20 May 2019 (13:38, 21 May 2019)
- Graham Feakins on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (01:17, 21 May 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on ULEZ: Why The (Slightly) Lower Emission Zone Matters (18:18, 20 May 2019)
- Graham H on Mind the Gender Gap: The Hidden Data Gap in Transport (08:20, 20 May 2019)
- Alan Griffiths on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (13:01, 19 May 2019)