The East London Line is fully open for business this Sunday (23 May), following a month’s preview of the Dalston Junction to New Cross Gate section. The full service takes in New Cross, West Croydon and Crystal Palace and will see trains run from around 5.40am to midnight on weekdays and Saturdays, and from around 7am on Sundays. The £1 billion upgrade includes new air-conditioned trains, four new and 14 refurbished stations, 3.5 km of new track and bridges (and renewal of older track and ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham H on Monday’s Friday Reads – 20 May 2019 (13:38, 21 May 2019)
- Graham Feakins on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (01:17, 21 May 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on ULEZ: Why The (Slightly) Lower Emission Zone Matters (18:18, 20 May 2019)
- Graham H on Mind the Gender Gap: The Hidden Data Gap in Transport (08:20, 20 May 2019)
- Alan Griffiths on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (13:01, 19 May 2019)