The East London Line is fully open for business this Sunday (23 May), following a month’s preview of the Dalston Junction to New Cross Gate section. The full service takes in New Cross, West Croydon and Crystal Palace and will see trains run from around 5.40am to midnight on weekdays and Saturdays, and from around 7am on Sundays. The £1 billion upgrade includes new air-conditioned trains, four new and 14 refurbished stations, 3.5 km of new track and bridges (and renewal of older track and ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- MiaM on Night Trains – They’re not dead yet (04:05, 22 July 2019)
- Graham H on Friday Reads – 19 July 2019 (22:26, 21 July 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (10:57, 19 July 2019)
- Aleks on Monday’s Friday Reads – 15 July 2019 (19:59, 17 July 2019)
- timbeau on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (22:07, 16 July 2019)