We have been following with interest the arguments concerning the development of the new depot being built by Network Rail for Thameslink at Hornsey (see here and here). After objections by the local council to the project being built using Network Rail’s permitted development rights, the project has now been called in by the DCLG for review. South of the river, a similar dispute has arisen at Streatham Hill and – thanks to the well laid out Lambeth Council website – we are able to ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- A Gerald on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (23:13, 23 July 2019)
- Greg Tingey on Night Trains – They’re not dead yet (21:20, 23 July 2019)
- Mark Townend on Friday Reads – 19 July 2019 (18:10, 23 July 2019)
- Henry on Monday’s Friday Reads – 22 July 2019 (11:45, 23 July 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (10:57, 19 July 2019)