Tfl have bought out Tube Lines’ shareholders for a reported £310m. The deal sees Bechtel and Amey bought out completely, although Amey will continue to act as primary contractor on various works across the Jubilee and Northern lines for the time being. As part of the deal, TfL will take on all of Tube Lines debt. The buyout is believed to have been on the cards for several weeks now, but could not be completed until after the General Election to avoid breeching the purdah.
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham H on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (08:28, 26 June 2019)
- Sledge on In Pictures: The DLR at Twenty Five (16:57, 25 June 2019)
- Greg Tingey on London’s First Highway: The East London River Crossings (10:31, 25 June 2019)
- Graham H on Bakerloo Déjà Vu: Buying New Trains for the DLR (08:13, 25 June 2019)
- Excalabur on Monday’s Friday Reads – 24 June 2019 (12:30, 24 June 2019)