Transport firm Arriva is to be taken over by the public-owned German railway operator Deutsche Bahn for £1.6bn. Arriva, the UK’s third largest transport firm, have been the subject of buyout ever since rumours since French firm SNCF made an approach for them last year, and Deutsche Bahn finally confirmed this morning that their own bid for Arriva had been successful. Arriva are most widely known for their railway activities – they run a significant portion of Wales’ rail ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham H on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (08:28, 26 June 2019)
- Sledge on In Pictures: The DLR at Twenty Five (16:57, 25 June 2019)
- Greg Tingey on London’s First Highway: The East London River Crossings (10:31, 25 June 2019)
- Graham H on Bakerloo Déjà Vu: Buying New Trains for the DLR (08:13, 25 June 2019)
- Excalabur on Monday’s Friday Reads – 24 June 2019 (12:30, 24 June 2019)