Whilst attention has been focussed, not unnaturally, on the now imminent reopening of the East London Railway, it is not the only completely rebuilt railway show in town. The Docklands Light Railway (DLR) extension from Canning Town to Stratford International is progressing well and is set to open this summer. The six kilometre extension runs parallel to the eastern end of the Jubilee line’s route and is built on the trackbed of the latter day North London Line to North Woolwich. In addition ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Aleks on Friday Reads – 23 August 2019 (14:55, 25 August 2019)
- RogerB on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (22:31, 24 August 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on The Queen vs DfT: Questioning the East Anglia Franchise (15:39, 23 August 2019)
- ngh on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (13:43, 23 August 2019)
- Taz on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (20:44, 22 August 2019)