Whilst attention has been focussed, not unnaturally, on the now imminent reopening of the East London Railway, it is not the only completely rebuilt railway show in town. The Docklands Light Railway (DLR) extension from Canning Town to Stratford International is progressing well and is set to open this summer. The six kilometre extension runs parallel to the eastern end of the Jubilee line’s route and is built on the trackbed of the latter day North London Line to North Woolwich. In addition ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Pedantic of Purley on Crossrail: Timetable for Success? (16:11, 17 August 2018)
- Paying Guest on Transforming Oxford Street Part 2: A Real Regeneration (15:49, 17 August 2018)
- JFN on Friday Reads – 17 August 2018 (12:51, 17 August 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on Beyond Thameslink and Crossrail: A London Transport Update (09:28, 17 August 2018)
- Jim Elson on Friday Reads – 10 August 2018 (18:24, 16 August 2018)